Monday, February 16, 2009

Injury numero dos

As we all know, injuries are just an inevitable part of riding. During the first part of January I pulled two ligaments in my right forearm snowboarding in the park without even remembering exactly how I did it. Now I have a permanantly swollen right forearm to match my permanantly swollen left forearm I injured wakeboarding.

And about a week and a half ago, I sprained my ankle pretty bad by simply catching an edge. My friend told me I flew about 100 feet total and he thought I was going to hit a tree and die. Good thing I landed a couple feet away in the tree well and walked away with only an ankle injury. I took about 9 days off and finally went to Snowbasin last Friday for DAY 14. I hiked over to No Name and rode down The Pyramids and got in some really amazing turns. I also found a wind lip that my friend Ben and I dropped. My ankle was hurting, but I was exstatic to be on the hill again.

Hope you have all been luckier than me and stayed injury free this year. And to those who just accept the injuries as they come and know they happen often, may they heal faster than it takes you to get your cheap date drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment